Our vision is a just world, guided by love, in which all people are empowered to engage in lives of meaning and purpose.
Our mission is to love inclusively, nurture spiritual growth and connection, freely explore life’s big questions, and act for justice.
Love Nurture Explore Act
- We gather together in community to deepen our connections, share our hopes
and dreams, offer comfort and strength, and celebrate life’s joys.
- We embrace and celebrate human diversity, grateful for the richness it brings.
- We honor and respect diverse spiritual perspectives and encourage each person’s
search for truth and meaning.
- We engage with the larger community to make our life-affirming faith visible and
- We serve as ambassadors of Unitarian Universalism by living the seven principles
in our personal and congregational lives.
- We seek partnerships with those who share our values and creative dialogue
with those who do not.
- We nurture lifelong spiritual, intellectual and personal growth through worship,
learning, meditation, music, study, the arts and connections with others.
- We provide a community rich in love and opportunity as a foundation for the
youngest among us to grow and learn.
- We offer inspiration, tools and courage to support individuals in their work to
achieve social change.
- We act individually and collectively to promote peace, justice, equality, and
- We honor those who came before us and exercise responsible stewardship to
leave a generous, sustainable legacy for those who come after us.
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Lawrence welcomes you to a tour of our congregation, programs, beliefs, and events. You’ll find a detailed introduction at About Us and you’ll get even more specific tips in the Newcomers pages.
Community Connection for this month.
Worried about the weather? Click here.
Read our Breakthrough Congregation article in UU World.
Support the Fellowship by ordering your Amazon items through this link:
Our congregation has taken part in the Welcoming Congregation[UUA] program to become more Open and Affirming towards bisexual, gay, lesbian, and/or transgender people.
Our facility is wheelchair accessible. The sanctuary is on the same level as the main entrance. Near the main entrance is the elevator for access to Founders Hall (our gathering place for coffee time) or to the downstairs library.
Our facility has assisted listening devices available. There are also large print hymnals available.
For the comfort of our members, please do not wear perfume or cologne to services and functions.