The Committee on Shared Ministry (COSM) reports to the Executive Board. The COSM represents a cross-section of the congregation and focuses on the big picture of mission and ministry at UFL, allowing clergy, lay leaders and congregants to work toward the fulfillment of the Fellowship’s mission. Its goal is to support and enhance all UFL ministries that touch the lives of our members and the community at large. It does not have the authority to make any final decisions. Any judgements or final decisions remain the responsibility of the Board and/or congregation.
The Committee on Shared Ministry typically meets monthly from September through June and
- serves as an impartial observer of congregational life, not advocating particular policies or issues on behalf of members or the minister.
- is committed to the well being of the whole congregation.
- supports human relations and communication within our congregation.
- identifies and addresses congregational conflict.
- performs assessment and evaluation of lay and professional ministry.
- helps to foster right relationships among members.
- consults with minister, staff, lay leaders, the board, task forces, teams and other committees involved in ministry.
- models and teaches mutual trust and accountability.
Members (2014-2015): Joe Gant (Chair), Amy Sneegas Frost, Courtney Foat, Lynne Renick