The Celebration of Life Team offers its assistance in making memorial services for congregation members or their family members an appropriate celebration of the deceased person’s life. Consulting with the minister or other service officiant and the family, the Team manages and coordinates the arrangements and logistics for a comforting, meaningful service and reception.
The Team Leader
- Consults with the minister or other service officiant, the family, and the Celebration of Life Sub-teams to coordinate all aspects of the memorial service.
- Coordinates with the Technology Team for AV support.
- Attends and oversees the arrangements on the day of the service.
- Monitors the current year’s budget; funding is obtained from Day of the Dead service and other donations.
- Assists with recruitment of new sub-team leaders or members as needed.
Sub teams include
- the Cooking and Hospitality Sub-team, which prepares food for reception (meal or snacks according to family wishes)
- the Reception Set Up Sub-team, which sets the space up and prepares it for reception in accordance with arrangements
- the Reception Clean Up Sub-team, which cleans and restores the space after reception, and cleans the kitchen.
- the Usher/Parking Sub-team, which provides parking assistance as needed, offer usher services
Members: (2014-2015) Ellie Unruh (Leader)