The Membership Team provides a welcoming presence to all, to orient newcomers, provide opportunities for learning about Unitarian Universalism, the Fellowship and its path to membership, to strengthen connections among members. It does this through membership-sponsored activities such as Dinners for 8. With help from the office manager, the team maintains membership information for the Fellowship community.
The Membership Team membership is open to all volunteers. The Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader are encouraged to participate in the UFL Leadership Development seminars. The Team Leader coordinates the efforts of the Team Members and their projects, plans the annual budget with the Team and monitors the current year budget.
The team recruits volunteers to assist with projects, programs, or activities. Typically, one Team Member takes charge of a project, and has the assistance of other Team Members or other members of the Fellowship as needed. The team’s tasks include the follow activities:
- Greeter Scheduling and Training
- Following up with Newcomer Needs
- Conducting “New To UU” classes for Prospective New Members
- Organizing Dinners for 8
- Completing the Annual Membership Review
- Planning Ceremonies for New Members
- Offering events such as Newcomer Brunches
- Developing new initiatives for welcoming newcomers (e.g., UFL pens for them to
- keep) and connecting members (e.g., picture directory)
- With office manager, maintain the Church Windows database on membership
- Coordinate with office manager on quarterly publication of members and friends directory
Members (2014-2015): Audra Fullerton and Patti Beedles (co-Leaders), Valerie Roper, Pam Slawson, Bee Lichtenauer (Greeter Coordinator)