The Buildings & Grounds Team maintains and improves the facilities and grounds of the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence for the membership within the constraints of the budget as set and approved by the membership at the UFL Annual meeting.
The Team’s activities, duties and responsibilities are maintaining the building integrity and appearance. This includes:
- Maintaining the building electrical and mechanical systems.
- Maintaining building cleanliness.
- Maintaining a supply of consumables such as paper towels, toilet paper, soap and hand sanitizer.
- Paying for the electricity, gas, water, phone and internet, copy machine, fire alarm and trash removal.
- Making any improvements and upgrades to the building as needed.
- Maintaining the grounds, lawn mowing, garden planting, watering and weeding, snow removal from parking lot and walks, tree and shrubbery trimming and playground equipment upkeep.
Members (2014-2015): Bob Harper and John Boulton (co-chairs), Stuart Beals, Mary Beth Musick, Bob Smith, Jim Williams, Graham Kreicker, Marie Wilson, EJ Hilty