The Scrip Sales Team manages the buying and selling of grocery cards and certificates (collectively known as “Scrip”) to UFL members and friends for the purpose of fundraising. Participating merchants are Checkers, Dillons, Hy-Vee, and Community Mercantile. The Team:
- Staffs the Scrip sales table on Sunday mornings.
- Accepts cash or check in payment for Scrip.
- Records all sales transactions on the Scrip Inventory Form.
- Deposits sales proceeds in the Scrip bank account at Capitol Federal.
- Orders and purchases additional Scrip from the participating merchants. Payment is by check written on the Scrip bank account at Capitol Federal.
- Performs a “physical” Scrip inventory and ensures that it matches the written records (Scrip Inventory forms).
- At the end of each month, prepares a monthly summary on the Scrip Accounting Form, showing the amount of Scrip from each store sold on each sales day.
- At the end of each month, transfers the month’s profits to the UFL Operations Fund.
- Makes periodic reports (usually monthly) to the UFL treasurer showing sales and profits.
- Publicizes the Scrip program through newsletter and bulletin articles and appropriate signage.
Members (2014-2015): Joe Gant, Marcel Harmon, John Roper, Derek Ishmael