The Newsletter Team authors a newsletter to be posted on the website and mailed to those who request it. The Team:
- Sends out reminders to contributors (board members, team, committee, and task force leaders/chairs/conveners to submit items for the (now weekly) newsletter.
- Gathers news items from direct email, phone calls, office announcements, and the ufl_newsletter mailbox.
- Constructs a draft for review by contributors.
- Proofreads and formats the final newsletter.
- Prints paper copies, folds, stuffs, addresses, stamps, and prepares for mailing or hand delivery.
- Makes a PDF for posting on the website and send to Webmaster.
- Sends an email message to members, friends, and others notifying them of the posting and providing a link to the site.
- Develops policies concerning material appropriate for the newsletter and procedures such as timing of deadlines and publication.
Members (2014-2015): Emily Russell (Leader), Mary Beth Musick, Barbara Schowen