The UUCL Music Program includes vocal and instrumental musicians. The UUCL Choir performs several times a month at (11:00) Worship Services and occasionally at the Program (9:30). The choir, directed by Susan Harper, rehearses in the sanctuary at 7:00 pm on Wednesday evenings after the Wednesday meals September through May.
- Child care is available. Most rehearsals last less than one and one half hours.
- Choir members do not have to be members of UUCL to join.
- There are no auditions to join the choir – it’s a friendly group who welcomes all who love to sing!
- The ability to read music is not required, but it certainly helps!
- Volunteer pianists accompany the choir, soloists and small ensembles.
- There are many opportunities for instrumental and vocal soloists to share their talents. Folk, classical, contemporary, jazz and more.
- Instrumentalists currently include piano, violin, flute, and guitar soloists, as well as a clarinet and ensemble and a drum ensemble.
Music helps us celebrate the wonder and mystery of life and renewing our spirits. Our music may be traditional, contemporary, jazz or folk.
- During the 11:00 Worship service, there are opportunities for congregational singing, instrumental or vocal solos or small ensembles, piano presentations such as preludes and presentations by the UUCL Choir.
- During Religious Exploration classes, the children have opportunities to sing and make music.
If you enjoy making music, contact the UUCL Music Director, Susan Harper.